Rainbow Foundation: Founded in 1995 as an independent Charity Organization based in Oslo, Norway.
Rainbow Foundation is a Charity organization (an NGO) that seeks to work closely with all willing partners so that the needy people in society are given an opportunity to get a decent life. The Foundation was established in Norway in February 1995 and was officially registered as an NGO in 1996 by the Norwegian authorities.
The Foundation has its focus on:
1. Promotion of cultural and educational exchange programmes
2. Promotion of Education for the less fortunate by offering them scholarships for higher education
3. Promoting health education focusing on Protective measures on the spread of HIV and assisting AIDS affected people through health programmes. The Foundation also gives direct help to children and youth who have become orphans on loosing their parents to AIDS.
4. Promotion of small scale business ventures for the needy and assistance to the needy to set up small businesses in order to take a step forward and become self-reliant
5. Promotion of programmes that enhance cultural understanding between Immigrants and Norwegians living in Norway
1. Young Children and disadvantaged women and single mothers
2. The youth taking higher education
3. School drop outs due to failure to pay school fees
4. Girls who drop out of school due to accidental pregnancies: This group get specially designed programmes that give them short term courses/training so that they can establish and own small scale businesses and become self employed/ self-reliant person.
5. Immigrants and ethnic Norwegians living in Norway